CPR Refresher Course Gold Coast
v5 6 Aug 2015
The CPR Refresher Course Gold Coast, will teach you the skills to keep a person alive long enough to receive professional medical attention by keeping the heart and brain supplied with oxygen.
Why should I learn CPR?
In an emergency that is life threatening, cardiopulmonary resuscitation or CPR as it is better known, can be a lifesaving technique. CPR is the key factor of any first aid course. And it is a skill that we all should know.
The longer the brain is without oxygen, the more likely severe, permanent and irreparable brain damage will occur. Being able to perform CPR correctly and efficiently, can mean the difference between life and death for a casualty. And when you consider how easy CPR is to perform, the more reason you should learn how to do it.
Timeline of CPR
0 to 4 minutes, unlikely development of brain damage
4 to 6 minutes, possibility of brain damage
6 to 10 minutes, high probability of brain damage
10 minutes and over, probable brain damage
Top 10 Reasons to Learn CPR
1. Around 10% of Cardiac Arrest victims survive, because people present do not know how to help.
2. Around 10% or 15,000 people die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest every year in Australia. 95% of these die before reaching hospital.
3. Most of these deaths could be prevented
4. For Every minute that an AED is unavailable, the victim has a 10% less chance of survival
5. Once the heart stops beating, brain death occurs in 4 to 6 minutes. Performing CPR provides oxygen to the brain and other vital organs to give the victim the best chance of full recovery after EMS takes over. If CPR is given within the first four minutes of a cardiac arrest, the chances of survival double.
6. You might save someone’s life.
7. You may save the life of someone close to you. 80% of cardiac arrests happen at home.
8. You’ll know more. By the end of your class, you’ll know more than you did when you started.
9. You’ll be more confident. You’ll know exactly how to react when someone is having a heart attack.
10. You get to use cool life-saving technology. Part of CPR training now includes how to operate an automatic electronic defibrillator. Most states require an AED device in all public places; in time of need, you may be the only person in the room who knows how to operate it.
If you or someone you may know is interested in learning the skills of CPR, please contact TALON Education and Training to book your class now.
ITS A DECISION THAT MAY SAVE THE LIFE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE!
To book in to the CPR refresher course Gold Coast click on the book now button below.
Australian Resuscitation Council Recommendations For Currency
The CPR qualifications is current for 1 year and should be renewed annually as per the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) recommendations.
3 hrs Approximately.
CPR Refresher Courses Gold Coast
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
The course is delivered face to face over approximately 3 hrs.
Required Student Equipment
Students are required to bring a notepad & pen.
Cost, Course dates & Bookings
The cost of this course for week days is $60.00 minimum numbers 5 apply).
For Saturday courses (by appointment $65.00 minimum numbers 5 apply).
2016 Dates - CPR Course Gold Coast:
Contact us for details.
Please go to the “ BOOK NOW ” button below to secure your spot & pay.
- Duration: 3 hours plus some pre - reading.